How to become BDO
BDO is called Block Development Officer, development block is formed by merging several panchayats, its headquarters is called Community Development Center,
With the help of development blocks and community development centers, public welfare schemes related to public development are implemented, the officer in charge of the development block is called the development block officer, that is, the block development officer.
If you want to become a Block Development Officer, then it is necessary for you to get information about the syllabus, exam, etc.
Eligibility to become BDO
To become a Block Development Officer, the candidate must have passed graduation or post-graduation from any recognized university.
Age Limit to become a BDO
To become a BDO, the minimum age of the candidate is 21 years and the maximum age is 40 years, the candidate can apply for this post on completion of 21 years of age, reserved category candidates as per rules, OBC three years and SC, ST There is a provision of giving relaxation of five years to the candidates.
Selection Process for the post of BDO
The selection of the candidate for this post is done on the basis of a written examination and interview, first of all, the written examination is organized, the candidate who has passed the written examination is called for an interview.
The candidates applying for this post have to appear in the examination conducted by the Public Service Commission, this examination consists of two papers, and the time duration of both the examinations is two hours.
|Paper-1||General Studies||200||150 Questions|
Read also: How did become a psychologist?
Paper 2 is a qualifying paper, in which the candidate is required to obtain a minimum of 33% marks.
Syllabus of Preliminary Exam Paper 1: General Studies
- About national and international importance and current events
- About Indian History and Indian National Movement
- Physical, social, economic of India under Indian and world geography
- Geography and world information
- • Indian Polity and Administration – Composition, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- • Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demography, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change – which do not require subject expertise and climate change
- general Science
Syllabus of Preliminary Exam Paper 2: CSAT
- Questions related to general mental ability
- Questions from Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills Elementary Mathematics up to Class X levelGeneral English up to Class X level
- General Hindi to Class X level
The candidate passed in the preliminary examination is included in the main examination, there are four compulsory papers in this examination, in addition, there will be four papers of two optional subjects selected by the candidate, General Hindi in compulsory papers, 150-150 marks for the essay. Two papers and two papers of General Studies will be of 200 marks each, both the papers will have objective-type questions.
Main Examination General Studies, Paper-I
- History of India – Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
- Population, Environment and Urbanization in the Indian Context
- World Geography, Geography of India and its Natural Resources
- Current events of national and international importance
- Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce
- U.P. specific knowledge of education, culture, agriculture, trade commerce, lifestyle and social customs etc.
Main Examination General Studies, Paper-II
- Indian Politics
- Indian Economy
- General Science (Role of Science and Technology in India’s Development including Science)
- General Mental Ability
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams
In the section related to Indian politics, questions will be asked about the political system in India and the Constitution of India, questions will be asked about the broad features of economic policy in India in the Indian economy.
The candidates passed in both the examinations are called for interview, in which aptitude and reasoning power is assessed from the candidate, according to your performance in this, your selection is selected, after which a merit list is issued by the Public Service Commission, According to this merit list, the selected candidate is appointed to the post of Block Development Officer.
Salary of BDO
BDO i.e. Block Development Officer gets Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34,800/- as monthly salary, along with other government facilities.
Tips to crack BDO exam
To get success in the examination, the candidate should read daily current affairs, newspapers, interesting news related to general knowledge, and focus more on self-study, mark important points while reading books, if the answer to any question is not found, then use the internet. You can take the help of the medium or your teachers.
- What is a Circle Officer? CO full form in English
- what is a diploma? How to take admission in diploma course
- What is BCA | What is the full form of BCA (BCA full from in English)
Here we told you about becoming a Block Development Officer, if you have any kind of question-related to this information, or want to get any other information related to it, then you can ask through the comment box, you are Awaiting for your feedback and suggestions.