Do you want to know what is nrc, advantages, and disadvantages of NRC, and NRC Full Form English then you have to read this article completely so that you can know about NRC in full detail.
When India and Pakistan were partitioned, a large number of refugees were transferred from both sides. A large number of people migrated from Assam to East Pakistan during the partition, but their lands and properties were in Assam, due to which many of these people continued to move to India. As a result, it became difficult for native Indian citizens and illegal refugees to know whether the person was an Indian or not. Due to which many types of problems started arising, the government prepared the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in the year 1951 to deal with this problem. Let us know, what is NRC full from English, what is NRC?
NRC Full Form English
NRC Full Form English is National Register of Citizens, and in Hindi, it is called(राष्ट्रीय नागरिक रजिस्टर ).
What Is NRC
NRC i.e. National Citizen Register is a list made for identification of Indian citizens residing in Assam. The purpose of which is to identify illegal immigrants, especially Bangladeshi infiltrators, living in the state. For this process, a special provision was made for Assam by amending the Citizenship Act in 1986. Under this, the names of those people have been included in the register, who are citizens of Assam before 25 March 1971, or their ancestors have been living in the state.
Assam is the only state in the country where NRC is implemented. The National Citizen Register was made for the first time in the state in the year 1951. Every person included in the census conducted at that time was considered a citizen of the state. After this, for the last few years, there was a demand to update it once again in the state.
In fact, for the last several decades, due to illegal infiltration from neighboring countries, especially Bangladesh, the balance of population started deteriorating there. Due to which the people there were demanding to update the NRC.
- 1951- NRC was prepared for the first time.
- 1971- Indo-Pakistani War and large numbers of Bangladeshi refugees entering India.
- 1970-80 – Demographic changes in Assam and consequent social, caste, and class struggle between illegal refugees and residents of the state.
- 1979-85- Assam rebellion started under the leadership of the All Assam Students Union (AASU) and it was also supported by All Asom Gana Sangram Parishad.
- 1985 – Signing of the Assam Accord and updating the National Register of Citizens published in 1951.
- 2012-13- Supreme Court’s intervention, directed the central government to update the NRC,
- 31st August 2019- Final list of NRC released, around 19 lakh people left out, alleging irregularities in NRC,
Need to Implement NRC
The government launched the National Register of Citizens (NRC) campaign to remove people living illegally in Assam. This is one of the biggest campaigns in the world, under this campaign people living illegally will be identified first and then they will be sent back to their country. As there are about 50 lakh Bangladeshis living illegally in Assam at present, due to which social and economic problems have remained here for several decades.
NRC is applicable only in the states from where citizens of other countries enter India. The NRC report itself tells, who is an Indian citizen and who is not, if that person is an Indian, then they will get all the same rights as an Indian.
Documents to register name in NRC
As we told you that NRC is currently applicable only in Assam. And to register in it, you will need the following documents issued by the government.
- Insurance Policy of LIC
- Land and Tenancy Documents
- Birth Certificate
- License/Certificate issued by the Authority
- An account with a bank or post office
- Education Certificate from any State or University
- Citizenship Certificate
- Documents attached to court records etc.
Benefits of having NRC
Friends, if NRC is implemented in our country in the right way, then there is a lot of benefits and if the NRC is not done properly then there is a lot of loss too.
The first advantage of having NRC is that the Government of India will be able to identify the people of other countries in a very easy way so that the government will be able to give the benefit of any scheme only to the people of India.
India will be able to control terrorists easily. so that the country can be safe
Disadvantages of having NRC
By any means, before 25 years, your relation will have to be proved that our grandfather has lived in this country and if you are not able to do this, then all your rights in India will be taken away from which you will become completely orphan i.e. India No facility of any kind will be given to you by the government, so just think how important this is.
Problems arising from the termination of citizenship
- He ceased to be a citizen of any country after the release of the NRC list, in such a situation there is a danger of violence in the state.
- Such people were residing in Assam for a long time, after the termination of Indian citizenship, they will neither be able to vote as before nor will they get the benefit of any welfare scheme and they will not have any right on their own property.
- People who own property will become targets of other people.
Read More :
Here we told you about NRC Full Form English, what is NRC, advantages, and disadvantages of NRC. If you have any kind of query related to this information or want to get any other information related to it, then you can ask through the comment box, we are waiting for your feedback and suggestions.