Full-Form of WHO, some things related to its function and purpose: You must have heard the word “WHO”. WHO is the largest organization among all the organizations related to world health. which is responsible for international public health.
There must be some questions in your mind regarding this WHO. Like what does “Who” mean? Where is its head office? What is its main purpose and function? e.t.c. So to know the detailed answers to these questions, please read this post till the end.
What is the full form of WHO? ( who full from )
- WHO full form in English: World Health Organization (वर्ल्ड हेल्थ ऑर्गनिज़शन)
- WHO full form in Hindi: ( विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन )
For updated information related to “WHO”, you can visit WHO | You can visit the official website of the World Health Organization.
What is WHO ( World Health Organization )?
WHO is a specialized agency of the United Nations. which works closely with member countries on health issues. In order to raise the level of public health of different nations.
To provide the highest possible level of health to all people in the world, WHO ( World Health Organization ) provides global leadership on public health issues and closely monitors the health status of the world.
Who is the President of WHO
The current president of WHO is Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (डॉ. टेडरोज़ आध्यनोम गेब्रेयेसोस” ) who was elected on 1 July 2017
President and CEO of the ( World Health Organization )
The Director-General of the World Health Organization is elected by the World Health Assembly. The term of the Director-General’s term is 5 years, when the Assembly meets, he is elected, usually in the months of May.
History of WHO ( World Health Organization )
The creation of the World Health Organization was conceived at the time of the formation of the United Nations in 1945 at the San Francisco Conference. And then on 22 July 1946, all 51 countries of the United Nations and 10 other countries signed the constitution of the World Health Organization.
After that ‘who’ was established on 7 April 1948. This day i.e. 7th April is celebrated every year as World Health Day.
Today WHO operates with 149 offices worldwide in 194 member countries and 6 regions (Africa, Americas, South-East Asia, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, and Western Pacific). There is also a regional office in each region. The headquarter of WHO is located in Geneva, Switzerland. And the headquarters of the WHO office in India is in Delhi.
What are the main functions of WHO?
Its basic function is to control the world’s health affairs and coordinate all efforts to improve public health. This organization has a wide range of functions, a list of the main functions involved is given below:
1. To act as a directing and coordinating authority on important matters relating to international health.
2. Working closely with member states where joint action is needed.
3. To provide appropriate technical assistance and emergency assistance to member countries to strengthen health services.
4. To carry out medical research and prevention work for the control of epidemic, endemic, and other diseases.
5. To promote better standards of teaching and training in health, medicine, and related professions.
6. Create or change health policies from time to time so that they are easily accepted and implemented.
What are the main objectives of WHO?
An organization is established to fulfill one or more objectives. Similarly, WHO has been established with some social service objectives in mind.
WHO works to improve public health around the world. Its purpose is to promote health, keep the world safe and serve vulnerable people. This organization has a wide range of objectives, which include the following:
- To focus on primary health issues to improve public health.
- To strengthen the health services of all developed and developing countries.
- To promote improvement in other aspects of society as required in collaboration with other specialized agencies.
- To provide information, advice, and assistance in the field of health from time to time.
- Preventing emergencies and assisting with the development of equipment needed during outbreaks.
Hope you liked this article and you must have come to know what is Who, what is the work of WHO, what is its purpose, when was WHO established, what is the full form of WHO (WHO full form) Present Who is the President of WHO at the time?
You must share this article written about WHO with your friends so that they too can get this information. If you like our articles and want to read articles like this, then do not forget to subscribe to our blog. Thank you.